Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Age Twaddle

Jason Miller teaches a technique in a chapter on Thought Management (Strategic Sorcery Course), which entails the use of positive thought and visualization, basically. He says, "Sounds like a bunch of new age twaddle, doesn't it? It is. But it works."

Basically, after doing morning meditation, you say to yourself "I see my day coming into focus", then spend some time thinking about the areas of love, health, and finance, as well as general things about your day. So, I envisioned walking into work and seeing some of my co-workers happily greeting me, customers happily greeting me, and a feeling of vitality and energy coming over me.

I'll be damned if I didn't walk into a bunch of shiny, happy people today! Got a nice, chipper phone call from my girlfriend, came in to actually see the same people I visualized, and got this ridiculous greeting full of compliments, positive vibes, and affirmations. I ran into a few customers and some simply spotted me saying "Hey, Chris! What's going on, man?!"

My immediate thought was, "No fucking way."

But apparently this new age twaddle works at times. Nice mental magick trick, I say.

3 comments:

  1. Okay i'll give that a go tomorrow - although it does seem rather new age :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep saying it: never, never, never underestimate the power of visualization. It's some powerful stuff. It's not just wishful thinking. It's creating the framework of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Phoenix: I understand and completely agree. But I will say that is Jason didn't think it was effective, he would in no wise ever have bothered mentioning it. He even commented on how new age and ridiculous it sounded, but I gave it an honest try and was astonished. I'm sure not every day would work so well.

    @scribbler: I agree. As long as visualization is not the only method of influence used, it does appear to have serious effects.

    ReplyDelete